- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Combine water, tomato juice, rice, basil, oregano and salt in 2- to 3- quart saucepan. Bring to a boil; stir once or twice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Stir in artichokes, red peppers, olives, parsley, lemon juice and black pepper. Cook 5 minutes longer or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with cheese.