Balsamic Cherry Rice Salad with Toasted Walnuts
Recipe from "Sizzlin' Summer Rice Salad Contest" 3rd Place Winner - Jasmin Baron
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 cups cooked white rice, cooled
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spread walnuts evenly on a baking sheet and bake for approximately 8 minutes, or until toasted and fragrant. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
In a large bowl, combine rice, toasted walnuts, cherries, parsley and green onion. Add balsamic vinaigrette and toss until rice is evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.