Athenian Rice with Feta Cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup dried tomatoes, softened* and cut into julienned strips
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, red bell pepper and garlic; cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in rice, tomatoes, olives, parsley and oregano; heat thoroughly.
Remove from heat; add cheese, lemon juice and black pepper. Stir until well blended. Serve immediately.
To soften sun-dried tomatoes, place in 1/3 cup boiling water; stir to coat. Let stand 10 minutes; drain water.