Bavarian Rice Cloud with Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto or other almond flavored liqueur, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 cup nonfat buttermilk
Sprinkle gelatin over milk in small saucepan; let stand 1 minute or until gelatin is softened. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin dissolves. Add 3 tablespoons of sugar and stir until dissolved. Add rice; stir until well blended. Chill until the consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
Fold in whipped topping, 1 tablespoon of liqueur and vanilla. Spoon into 4-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and chill until firm.
To serve, unmold onto serving platter. Spoon chocolate sauce over rice pudding. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
Combine cocoa and remaining tablespoons of sugar in small saucepan. Add buttermilk, mixing well. Place over medium heat, and cook until sugar dissolves. Stir in remaining tablespoon of liqueur; remove from heat.